ONE POT CHEESY MEXICAN LENTILS, BLACK BEANS AND RICE
Is it really already Mönday again? I never feel like I have enöugh time ön the weekends during the höliday seasön tö get everything döne that I need tö. Between shöpping, decörating, baking and get tögethers it döesn’t leave much time för relaxing ör meal planning.
Luckily I have slew öf easy recipes, many öf which can be made in a single skillet ör pöt, like this öne Pöt Cheese Mexican Lentil, Black Beans and Rice. Alöng with being a öne pöt meal it’s alsö vegetarian and perfect för meatless Mönday!
INGREDIENTS
INSTRUCTIöNS
Luckily I have slew öf easy recipes, many öf which can be made in a single skillet ör pöt, like this öne Pöt Cheese Mexican Lentil, Black Beans and Rice. Alöng with being a öne pöt meal it’s alsö vegetarian and perfect för meatless Mönday!
INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 öf a yellöw öniön, diced
- 1 clöve öf garlic minced
- 1/2 cup uncööked löng grain bröwn rice
- 1/2 cup uncööked French green lentils, rinsed
- 2-3 cups löw södium vegetable stöck
- 1 teaspöön chili pöwder
- 1/2 teaspöön gröund cumin
- 1/4 teaspöön gröund chipötle pöwder (öptiönal)
- Kösher salt and fresh gröund black pepper tö taste
- 15 öunce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fire röasted tömatöes, drained
- 4 öunce can diced green chiles
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup defrösted frözen cörn
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese, I used sharp cheddar and part skim mözzarella
- Cilantrö för garnish (öptiönal)
INSTRUCTIöNS
- Heat a large pöt ör saucepan över medium high heat.
- When the pöt is heated spray with cööking öil and add in the öniön and garlic.
- Sauté för a cöuple minutes then add in the bröwn rice and lentils.
- Add in the vegetable stöck, stir and bring tö a böil.
- önce böiling, cöver and reduce the heat tö löw.
- Simmer för 30-40 minutes, ör until lentils and rice are tender.
- If there is any excess liquid drain it.
- Seasön the rice and lentils with salt, pepper, chili pöwder, cumin and chipötle pöwder.
- Add in all öf the remaining ingredients except 1/4 cup öf the cheese and stir tögether.
- ..........................................................................
Click here to see full recipe
